Results 35 : Masks - Did we get it right?
Please note this was a Your Say poll for The Chronicle and so the analysis of the following results was discussed in the 15th September issue of The Gibraltar Chronicle, hence the format of the results is different.
- The government introduced the compulsory wearing of masks in all covered public areas with a few specific exemptions. Do you support or oppose this measure?
28% Strongly Support
20% Strongly Oppose
- Do you know what the 'specific exemptions' are, where one does not need to wear a mask in a covered public area?
- How long do you foresee this measure (compulsory mask wearing) to be in place for?
3% Up to 1 Month
6% Up to 2 Months
14% Up to 3 Months
29% Up to 6 Months
15% Up to 1 Year
16% More than a year
17% Don't know
- How clear, if at all, would you say public health and government advice has been in respect to recommendations and guidelines for living in this 'new normal'?
7.7% Very Clear
36% Somewhat Clear
32% Not very Clear
2.1% Don't Know
- In regards to 'mask' law, Gibraltar and Spain took different approaches. Spain introduced the mandatory use of face masks in all public spaces, including outdoors, in mid July. In Gibraltar, masks were first mandatory on public transport and in medical settings, later in August masks were required in shops and then in covered public areas as Covid-19 cases rose. Which approach do you think was best for our community?
41.3% Gibraltar's Approach
24% Spain's Approach
27% None - I do not support the wearing of masks
7.7% Don’t Know
- Do you agree, if at all, with the following statement? 'People in the UK are adhering to hygiene guidelines and social distancing MORE than people in Gibraltar'
6% Strongly Agree
20% Strongly Disagree
21% Don't Know
- Do you agree, if at all, with the following statement? 'People in the SPAIN are adhering to hygiene guidelines and social distancing MORE than people in Gibraltar'
16.% Strongly Agree
5% Strongly Disagree
- How concerned are you, if at all, about the virus?
This is our 'tracker' question, we have been asking it for a few months now to track the shifts and changes in views.
Average Rating: 5.3