- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
We consider ourselves to be ethical users of personal data. Without your trust in the fact that we can, and do, ensure respondents anonymity, we would not be able to do what we do.
When you register with Your say collects the following data is collected:
- Email address (this is never linked to any of your responses, data collection process or analysis to ensure all responses remain anonymous to us)
- Demographic data, such as your year of both, gender, and general economic and household information and previous voting preferences, etc
When you answer questions in our survey the following data is collected:
- Your opinions on social and political issues, companies and brands. Note that this information is provided anonymously as we do not link your answers to your email address but only your membership number which is only known to you.
- Your opinions on the topics that the research is exploring. Note that this information is provided anonymously as we do not link your answers to your email address but only your membership number which is only known to you.
When you browse our website, the following data is collected:
When you contact us via email or social media we would have access to the following data:
- Any personal data that you may you provide about yourself, including your name and contact details and the conversation history of our communications with you.
- Any comments you make on our website or social media pages
Special Category Data
Data such as your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or information concerning your health or sexual orientation is categorised as ‘Special Categories of Personal Data’ under GDPR. As our data is anonymised we are not legally required to ask for explicit consent to collect such data, however, because we uphold your data protection rights in such high regard, we will ask you for explicit consent either way. We use this information in the same way we use any other anonymous information we collect from you. You will see we ask for this explicit consent in our final question of our registration survey.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Your Say with all of the data we collect. We collect data when you:
- Register online with us
- Complete surveys - answers are collected anonymously
- Provide feedback
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Your Say collects your data so that we can:
- Use your responses to surveys to provide our clients, (if we start offering this service, currently we are not trading any services), with information about public opinion anonymously, to form part of their market research.
- We use survey responses to write interesting articles that may be published on our blog, social media accounts or included in news articles on third party news organisations.
- We use your survey responses to improve our research tools and methods, which helps us ensure that we are giving you and our clients the best possible experience
- We will also use your email address to email you surveys to complete as well as notifications of any prizes you may have won.
- If you agree, Your Say will collect your data via a Typeform survey (they act as our online service tool) and we will share your email address with Mail Chimp in order to be able to email these surveys to you. Please find their respective privacy policies below:
How do we store your data?
To ensure that Your Say has appropriate security measures in place to protect the personal data that it processes from being accidentally or deliberately compromised, the organisation has established the following:
- All responses from the surveys are downloaded from Typeform and stored in a password protected excel file which is stored in an encrypted USB drive. This file has a backup, which is also password protected and stored on another encrypted USB drive. Only one director knows the password.
- Access to Typeform is password protected. Only 1 team member knows the password.
- Data on Opinion Surveys created in Typeform, is deleted once the information has been downloaded on to the password protected excel file.
- Every two years Your Say purges it’s filing systems of personal data which is no longer required.
We will not send you any marketing emails.
What are your data protection rights?
(a) the right to be informed about the collection and use of their information;
(b) the right of access to their personal data;
(c) the right for individuals to have their personal data rectified when it is inaccurate or incomplete;
(d) the right for individuals to have their personal data erased when there is no compelling reason or it to be processed;
(e) the right for individuals to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data, when the accuracy of the data is contested, or processing is unlawful, but the individual opposes erasure and requests restriction instead;
(f) the right to data portability whereby in certain circumstances individuals can request for personal data that they have submitted via automated means and in electronic format to be moved, copied or transferred to another organisation in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability;
(g) the right for individuals to object to processing of their personal data when it is based on “legitimate interests” or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing (including profiling), or when processed for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics; and
(h) the right not to be subjected to decisions solely on automated means without human intervention.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact by:
293 Main Street
Cookies - what are they?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognise your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (eg. timezone, notification preferences), and to personalise your content (eg. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies”, and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called “third-party cookies”, and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
- Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website,
Enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
- Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.
- Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and timezone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customised, enhanced or optimised content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
- Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third-parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We use targeting/advertising cookies on our site.
Our third-party privacy promise We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How to manage your cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.
Privacy policies of other websites
- Your Say will collect your data via a Typeform survey (they act as our online service tool) and we will share your email address with Mail Chimp in order to be able to send you surveys. Please find their privacy policies here:
How to contact us
293 Main Street
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority:
Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, 2nd floor, Eurotowers 4, 1 Europort Road, Gibraltar.
T: (+350) 20074636
F: (+350) 20072166